Virtual Art Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit on comments

5 posters

Go down

Limit on comments Empty Limit on comments

Post by SusanTheCat Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Our little group is growing and I find the amount of commenting required before posting is getting a little daunting. (It does encourage you to post early!)

How about instead of having to comment on ALL the previous submissions, how about only having to comment on the previous 5?

Susan
SusanTheCat
SusanTheCat
Layman
Layman

http://www.thecatsweb.com

Back to top Go down

Limit on comments Empty Re: Limit on comments

Post by Efreet Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

I would have to agree with Susan, and actually, I have an idea that might help cut down on the comments.

Let's say you've finished your drawing, how about writing a brief summary about your experience drawing the piece such as what you found hard/easy and where you think you could improve? It's fine to draw stuff and listen to what other people say, but if you try and evaluate your own work you'll begin to understand your own strengths and weaknesses.

Then another summary on other people's work as a whole than case by case basis, only highlighting members works if you have a particular criticism or thing to say.
Efreet
Efreet
Layman
Layman

Back to top Go down

Post by Veniae Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:40 pm

I like both of your ideas, guys. Thanks for them, I'll be changing the rules for the next exercises.

Also, I find it great that this forum is growing so rapidly~ *O*
Veniae
Veniae
Grand Master

https://artists-corner.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowling Pin Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:22 pm

As arduous as it seems to have to comment on everyone's drawings... well, kind of the point of all of this is for everyone to receive and give feedback. Perhaps you shouldn't have to comment on what everyone's drawn so far in a thread in your first post, but you should get to replying to everyone eventually.
Bowling Pin
Bowling Pin
Layman
Layman

http://bpinalone.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wingzofdarkness Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:07 am

I agree with Bowling Pin. The reason the forum was created was to critique and help others learn. We're not here for ourselves. We're here as a community, and a community works to help improve the whole group. You would be changing the whole meaning of this forum; the whole reason why I joined in the first place.

If you guys really find the commenting tedious, then limit the amount of words you give to people. Or drop out. I know it is harsh, but it's unfair to everyone else who is not receiving the help they want. You're not alone at typing up critiques, but you know what? You're learning how to analyze and critique. That is a helpful tool if you want to help someone improve. Who knows, it could also help you figure out the mistakes you don't want to make in your own art.
wingzofdarkness
wingzofdarkness
Layman
Layman

Back to top Go down

Post by Efreet Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am

wingzofdarkness wrote:I agree with Bowling Pin. The reason the forum was created was to critique and help others learn. We're not here for ourselves. We're here as a community, and a community works to help improve the whole group. You would be changing the whole meaning of this forum; the whole reason why I joined in the first place.

If you guys really find the commenting tedious, then limit the amount of words you give to people. Or drop out. I know it is harsh, but it's unfair to everyone else who is not receiving the help they want. You're not alone at typing up critiques, but you know what? You're learning how to analyze and critique. That is a helpful tool if you want to help someone improve. Who knows, it could also help you figure out the mistakes you don't want to make in your own art.

Which is what I suggested, rather than just others criticising your artwork you can critic your own work by evaluating what you've just drawn. Smile In anycase I only gave my thoughts on how to help with the problem, not throw it out of the window.
Efreet
Efreet
Layman
Layman

Back to top Go down

Post by wingzofdarkness Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:28 am

Efreet wrote:Which is what I suggested, rather than just others criticising your artwork you can critic your own work by evaluating what you've just drawn. Smile In anycase I only gave my thoughts on how to help with the problem, not throw it out of the window.
I agree with you =] The idea is really good and I think we should incorporate that into our next session. Though, we shouldn't exclude on giving as many critiques as we can for other people's benefits.
wingzofdarkness
wingzofdarkness
Layman
Layman

Back to top Go down

Post by Veniae Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 am

Mmyeah, I've been thinking about this little issue.

I think it would really be good to critique our own work, but like Wingz, I do think we should give as much feedback to others as possible. So yeah, I'll see how to formulate the updated rules.
Veniae
Veniae
Grand Master

https://artists-corner.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum